Saturday, May 20, 2006

A Brief Intermission

Last night I decided to watch the game at the corner tap room. Shortly after the game began, there was a shooting across the street. I checked to see if any of the Phillies had come up to Tacony to suidice.

No such luck.

My Bartender was happy to see me, as I rarely go out, but when I do, I go all out, an approach the Fightins' should contemplate. Lately, I've been pondering staying in bed the whole day to help the Phillies get out of their slump. Maybe I shoud have tried that last night. It was another underwhelming loss against the overexposed Red Sox, boring to watch, and I was thankful the Old Lady came to check up on me after she heard the gunshots.

She was "bringing her A game," as the euphemism goes, and she proved a far more entertaining option than watching Team Psycho continue their slide. Before I knew it, it was time to go home, where she told me she wants a Shane Victorino shirt because he's cute.

It's so much easier for chicks to be fans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home