Friday, September 15, 2006

He Can't Be One Of Us


Hold your horses, Jeff Conine. You’re not a real Phillie just yet. That concrete glove you brought out to left field in Houston tonight let you down. Yeah, you dropped a fly ball any beer leaguer could shag, but it didn’t cost the team a win. What good are ya? At least bleeding-Phillies-red David Bell had the good grace last season against the ‘stros to boot a chopper down to third and set up eternal cheesesteaker Billy Wagner for his eternal moment in the spotlight of misery. It’s a collective effort, here, you know. So why couldn’t you just throw the ball away after you picked it up? If we had Burrell out there, he woulda flung it in the stands. It woulda been perfect after his grand slam. But you ruined the whole scene, doofus.

What the fuck, Conine. This ain’t the Marlins. Learn how to lose the Phillies way or retire.

Fuck off.

Leave me alone.

What time’s the game tomorrow?

6 Comments:

Blogger Maria said...

1:00 on FOX.

15/9/06 11:44 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

& if we had lost that game I'd would've died. They should've have like 10 outs.

15/9/06 11:45 PM  
Anonymous ChuckM said...

Lou, I have been recovering all week from some major dental work and after this game I am about ready to pop one of my leftover Vicodins to calm down. First it was the Buckner play that Howard made. I'm sitting there thinking of what a shame that the botch that put the final nail in had to come from a guy who has had such a great season. Then the man who killed the Phillies in 2003 as a Marlin nearly kills the 2006 Phillies as a Phillie. All I have to say is thanks to Astros pinch runner Charlton Jimerson for his baserunning gaffe in neglecting to take third base on the infield single.

15/9/06 11:48 PM  
Blogger Tacony Lou said...

CHUCK AND MARIA,

Vicodin party at Chuck's!

15/9/06 11:51 PM  
Anonymous ChuckM said...

Lou, I was going to go down to Kensington and Somerset with my leftover Vikes and make a few $$$
hawking them but now I think I will keep them handy. One at the end of the 6th inning so that it kicks in at the right time. On second thought, I better get rid of them as there may be some game where I end up washing down the rest of the prescription with a bottle of Old Grandad.

16/9/06 12:15 AM  
Blogger Sal said...

Not everybody can be a real Phillie.

Takes somethin' special.

Fu Manchu,
Sal

16/9/06 1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home